Social Web Literacy

We'll be discussing the Social Web and how knowing about it can help us make libraries more relevant to our social web savvy patrons.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Setting up a crowd


Facebook, a social networking site popular with college students and teachers, has the ability to create events and immediately invite all your friends. This makes organizing parties, get-togethers, and protests easier than ever. It also permits advertisement for lectures and concerts.

Many social sites have meet-ups. Flickr meets are common and many librarians on ALA's Ning site plan on meeting at the conference next month. It's all just another type of social networking using the new Web 2.0 tools.

We hope you have enjoyed this class and continue to explore the broader social web. It is an unending exploration. Be sure to click "Comment" below and tell us your first name, the social site you chose to start with, and your name on that site (or your page's URL). Then come back over the next couple weeks, add to your page and explore your classmate's pages. Tell us about a few of your experiences here, too.

Enjoy! Participate!


Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is Nichole and I did a page at librarything.com. My user name on there is ayckbourn.

 
At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi I'm Sharon, I have uploaded photos onto Flickr, I am known as Cadbury3, feel free to add me as a friend.

 
At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dorcas started a page on librarything.com. My users name is childrenbooks.

 
At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I am Sylvia, I created a Catster account(without a photo, until my daughter helps me soon). I created a profile for our cat Lilo.

 
At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Torri Lutton
Flickr account - user name "thlutton"

 
At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I created an account on flickr. My name is Tris1965.

 
At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Becky I went into flickr jmartin917

 
At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

JT
Dogster
Tan Enaid (photo to follow soon)

 
At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you i really enjoyed it.
and i do want to continue learning
more about this
thanks a lot
great job

 

Post a Comment

<< Home