Social Web Literacy

We'll be discussing the Social Web and how knowing about it can help us make libraries more relevant to our social web savvy patrons.

Friday, March 09, 2007

As we saw in today's class, online gaming is not just for kids. We talked about how one company is actually using an online game, Battlefield2 (pictured), as a way to keep employees working across the country connected and to share ideas and information.

Participating in the Social Web can be fun, entertaining and informative. Now that you have gotten your feet wet in the Social Web pool, we hope you will explore new ways to participate. After your adventures, come back here and let us know about your experiences. Leave a comment with your blog's address and your first name so that we can all see the results of your
exploration.

-Susan

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 6:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This has been a very informative class, and yes, I am now getting my feet wet! The last video shown in class was also one of Georia's podcasts which I viewed earlier. This time however, it truly began to make sense and I felt the thrill of a universal consciousness!

 
At 6:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooops, my URL: www.musiqladi.blogspot.com

 
At 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed this class, but was probably more overwhelmed in the end than the rest of the class.I have learned so much this past month!
I used flickr today, and posted only one picture of Bangkok, Thailand.
my user name on flickr is jaciriviere.
Jaci

 

Post a Comment

<< Home