Social Web Literacy

We'll be discussing the Social Web and how knowing about it can help us make libraries more relevant to our social web savvy patrons.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Flickr: One of many sites on the Social Web
A library made of booksWe looked at all sorts of personal pages in today's class. One was flickr, a photo sharing site used by people around the world. Personally, I've gotten into flickr quite a bit and I'd recommend it to any amateur photographers. That's my photo of Mt. Rainier as posted to my flickr account last Saturday.

It's your turn now. Explore the Social Web and tell us about your adventures by commenting to this post. Be sure to give us your blog's address and your first name so that every one in class can find it, visit, and comment. Participate! That's what the Social Web is all about.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 12:23 PM, Blogger Kati said...

Thank you for the great class! I learned about several new sites, and some ideas for improving my blog. My blog can be found at www.populucious.blogspot.com.

In addition, my pieces are also published on Blogcritics.com, which I like to describe as a Reader's Digest of the blog world!
Check out my current piece about the Oscars, currently featured on Blogcritic's film page.
http://blogcritics.org/video/

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Barbie Scarlet said...

I don't want to frighten anyone with my enthusiasm, but . . . I truly LOVED our class today.

There were a good number of things that flew straight over my head but I must confess that I get a little giddy thinking about this new blog I've created (and changed five times since class this morning).

*giggle*

You can find me at www.myscarletletters.blogspot.com.

I can't wait to go look at everyone's new blogs. (Especially Patti's beverage of choice.)

Thanks to Steve and Susan for the education and exposure to worlds previously unknown.

(Proof-read by Justine.)

~Barbie

 
At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the class very much. As if I don't spend WAY too much time goofing around on the computer at home, now I have a whole bunch of new sites to goof around on!

The only photo I brought that I could put up on the web without permission was of my cat, so here is Puddin's blog. Check it out soon as it will probably be migrating to Catster!

http://www.puddinsworld.blogspot.com/

 
At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

accountable organs gill pulsating criticising confirms shell adjustable variations estimate technologies
lolikneri havaqatsu

 

Post a Comment

<< Home