Social Web Literacy

We'll be discussing the Social Web and how knowing about it can help us make libraries more relevant to our social web savvy patrons.

Friday, January 19, 2007

Last month, TIME magazine put the Social Web on its cover. This month, School Library Journal has a Second Life avatar flying over a school building. These words and images are becoming part of our global culture.

Now that you're a part of it, add a comment to this posting. Tell us what you thought of the class, and maybe share some of your Social Web experiences after you have "played" a bit. Be sure to add your first name. And copy and paste your blog's URL so others in class can visit you.

Participate. Experience. Interact. That's the Social Web.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 7:55 PM, Blogger mlu said...

Thank you Steve and Suan for the training on the social web. I learned alot. Mary

 
At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://pandawasagooddog.blogspot.com I really enjoyed the class. It was fun to get my feet wet with more of the social web. I use instant messaging almost every day, as my kids live in Dallas and Sri Lanka. (!)

 
At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://pandawasagooddog.blogspot.com OK. I forgot to put my first name on my comment... the anonymous person at 3:27 is Beth Mears!

 
At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Steve,
Thanks for an excellent class. Here is my blog URL. I am still working on getting the photos uploaded...

Candy


http://gardeninginthegreatnorthwest.blogspot.com/

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Thanks for the informative class. I still have a long way to go to understand what my adult children are talking about.

My blog address is http://kttidwell.blogspot.com

Katie

 
At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All of this is amazing, fun and mindblowing. Unfortunately I waited too long to get back to the assignments, now I have to start from scratch. Rosina

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Panda's Mom said...

I wanted to leave a comment with my blogger display name to make it easier for folks to visit my blog. This is fun! Beth

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger rvcamper said...

Hurray! I feel a great sense of success to have been able to post my blog on the Seattle tunnel!
It hasn't come easy. A great thanks to all my co-workers here that helped get to this point.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home