Social Web Literacy

We'll be discussing the Social Web and how knowing about it can help us make libraries more relevant to our social web savvy patrons.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Planning and setting up for this class has been a joy. There are so many different avenues to wander and each one can be an adventure in itself. It has been difficult only in deciding what to include and what to leave out. There's so much stuff out there!

Our class is about three hours but it could easily be six or nine. There's room for show-and-tell, analysis, discussion, discovery, etc. I wish we could meet weekly for a college-level course.

At least the concept is easy. The basics have remained steady since I wrote the first outline on a plane flying home from Syracuse in October. And books and magazine articles I have found by serendipity since only seem to amplify what seems so obvious now. Some of the authors weren't talking specifically about the Social Web at all, but their premises hold true.
-Steve

1 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve, you did a great job with the class, even tho Susan was absent due to snow! I could have spent all week in this class, creating an avatar, updating my Library Thing account, joining Flickr, watching You Tube, etc. However, like I said before, with all the detail and indepth minutia of information available, my head is going to explode!! I can't wait to see how much changes and expands by the time my 7-year-old is a teenager!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home